02 喜怒哀樂

    02 喜怒哀樂
    你快樂嗎?
    dialogue
    mike is very happy today. why?
    麥克今天特別高興。發生什麼事了?
    kelly: mike, why are you so happy today?
    凱利︰邁克,你今天為什麼這麼高興?
    mike: tell you a good news. i have just won the gold medal in the long-distance running of our company competition.
    邁克︰告訴你一個好消息。我剛贏得了公司長跑比賽的金牌。
    kelly: wow, congratulations to you! you are great.
    凱利︰喔,恭喜你啊!你真棒。
    mike: more of it. i was chosen to represent the company to attend the sports meeting held by our city.
    邁克︰還有呢。我被選中代表公司參加我們市舉辦的運動會。
    kelly: are you ready for it?
    凱利︰你準備好了嗎?
    mike: yes, i'm always ready. i'm good at running very much.
    邁克︰是的,我一直準備著呢。我很擅長跑步。
    kelly: do you often exercise? i have never seen you running.
    凱利︰你經常鍛煉嗎?我從沒有見你跑過步。
    mike: i always do exercise after work. i keep running every day to beat the laziness within myself and make me healthier. i attended our company sports meeting just for a try. i had never thought that i could win the medal so easily.
    邁克︰我總是下班後去鍛煉。我通過每天堅持跑步來擊敗自身的懶惰,並讓自己更健康。我抱著試試的態度參加了公司的運動會,沒有想到這麼容易就贏得金牌。
    kelly: your success comes from your persistence. you deserve to win the medal.
    凱利︰你的成功來自于堅持不懈。金牌是你應得的。
    mike: thank you. i really have many unexpected gains through running.
    邁克︰謝謝。通過跑步,我確實得到了很多意想不到的收獲。
    kelly: i want to join your exercise from tomorrow, ok?
    凱利︰從明天起我想加入你的鍛煉,可以嗎?
    mike: of course, i'm only too pleased with your company.
    邁克︰當然。有你的陪伴我再高興不過了。
    notes
    1. medal [?med?l] n. 獎章,獎牌
    2. gold medal 金牌
    3. represent [?repri?zent] v. 表現,描繪;代表,象征,表示;作為代表
    4. congratulation [k?n?gr?tju?lei??n] n. 祝賀,恭喜;賀詞
    5. attend [??tend] v. 參加,出席;照顧,照料
    6. laziness [?leizinis] n. 懶惰,偷懶
    7. persistence [p??sist?ns] n. 堅持不懈,持續
    小貼士
    1. on cloud nine 高興得找不著北,高興得走路輕飄飄
    i've been on cloud nine all day long, because susan accepted my proposal this noon.
    甦珊中午答應了我的求婚,我一整天都高興得找不著北了。
    2. feel like a million dollars 感覺好極了
    i feel like a million dollars because i was told that i have passed the interview.
    我感覺好極了,因為我被告知面試通過了。
    3. have the time of one's life 異常高興
    we had the time of our lives on vocation in paris.
    我們在巴黎的度假非常愉快。
    4. be pleased beyond description 喜不勝言
    i was pleased beyond description that i won the first medal in the match.
    在比賽中我得了一等獎,這讓我喜不勝言。
    5. be wild with joy, be ecstatic, be exuberant 欣喜若狂
    i was ecstatic to hit the jackpot.
    中了頭彩,我真是欣喜若狂。
    傷心是暫時的
    dialogue
    abby is crying for the misfortune of the poor child in the movie.
    艾比因為電影里那個可憐孩子的命運傷心地哭了。
    abby: the movie has pierced into my heart like a needle. the little child in the movie is so poor.
    艾比︰這個電影就像是一根針一樣刺痛了我的心。電影里的小孩子太可憐了。
    jack: don't cry, abby. you are too sensitive. it's just a story dramatized by the movie makers. it's not real.
    杰克︰不要哭了,艾比。你太多愁善感了。這只是編劇寫出來的一個故事,不是真的。
    abby: the movie reminded me of the misery in my own childhood. i have never seen my parents. i grew up with my grandma. life was hard at that time.
    艾比︰這電影讓我回憶起了童年時的不幸。我從來沒有見過自己的父母。我和奶奶一起長大。那時的生活很艱難。
    jack: here's the napkin. wipe away the tears on your face.
    杰克︰給你紙巾,把臉上的淚擦一下。
    abby: thank you.
    艾比︰謝謝。
    jack: well, it was also a hardship when i was a child. but i think i have learned a lot from the misfortune.
    杰克︰我童年時的生活也很艱難。但是我覺得我從那段不幸經歷中學到了很多東西。
    abby: really?
    艾比︰真的嗎?
    jack: yes, everything has its two sides. the difficulty would make us stronger and braver.look at us. we have a comfortable life now. let the past be past.
    杰克︰是的,事物都有兩面性。困境可以讓我們更加堅強,更加勇敢。看看我們,現在生活多愜意。讓過去就過去吧。
    abby: it's really a great thinking. i will never burst into tears so easily.
    艾比︰這種想法真好。我以後不這麼輕易掉眼淚了。
    jack: that's right. there's more happiness in life.
    杰克︰這就對了。生活中還是快樂多一點。
    notes
    1. pierce [pi?s] v. 刺入,刺穿,穿透
    2. needle [?ni:dl] n. 針,針狀物
    3. sensitive [?sensitiv] adj. 敏感的,多愁善感的;易受傷害的,易損壞的;易受影響的;神經質的;〈褒〉有細膩感情的,(指儀器等)靈敏的
    4. dramatize ['dr?m?taiz] v. 將(小說或事件)改編成劇本,使戲劇化,夸張
    5. misery ['miz?ri] n. 痛苦,苦惱,苦難,痛苦的事;不幸;常發牢騷的人
    6. wipe [waip] v. 擦,拭,抹,擦去,拭去,抹去
    7. wipe away 擦去,拭去;清除
    8. burst [b?:st] v. 爆炸,爆裂;擠滿,充滿;突然打開
    9. burst into tears 哭泣
    小貼士
    no one can be happy all the time. during times of tragedy, it is natural and even beneficial to be sad, but not to hold unhappy, anger or any negative emotion that takes control. we must heal ourselves emotionally and spiritually if we feel sad. you can have a talk with optimistic people for they bring a sense of hope into the world,and a new meaning to life. be with people when you're sad. it's also no use trying to drown your sorrows in drink.
    沒有人始終都保持著快樂。當身處災難時,悲傷是自然的,也是有益處的。但不要讓不愉快、憤怒或任何消極的情緒操控你的生活。如果感到傷心時,我們必須從情緒上和精神上治愈我們心靈上的創傷。你可以和積極樂觀的人們聊聊天,因為他們帶給世界一線希望,帶給生活新的意義。切記傷心時不要獨處,想借酒澆愁也于事無補。
    莫生氣
    dialogue
    niki seems very angry. what happened?
    妮基看起來怒氣沖沖的,怎麼回事?
    niki: lillian has already pissed me off. i can't bear her any more.
    妮基︰莉蓮真是太讓我生氣了。我再也不能忍受她了。
    ken: oh, just sit down on the sofa and cool down.
    肯︰噢,先坐在沙發上消消氣。
    niki: she lost her cell phone. but she doubted that i had stolen it. she even wanted to search my handbag this morning.
    妮基︰她手機丟了,但她懷疑是我偷的。今天早上居然想要搜我的手提包。
    ken: you took out all the things in the handbag and showed them to her, and then you went out and slammed the door. is that right?
    肯︰你把你包里所有的東西都掏出來給她看,然後摔門而去。是這樣嗎?
    niki: how did you know that?
    妮基︰你是怎麼知道的?
    ken: that's what i'm going to talk with you.lillian told me everything that happened with you. she felt very sorry and wanted to apologize to you. she didn't come because she knew you must be very angry with her.
    肯︰這正是要跟你談的。莉蓮把你們之間發生的事都告訴我了,她感到很抱歉,想向你道歉。她沒來是因為她知道你一定非常生氣。
    niki: of course i'm angry.
    妮基︰我當然生氣了。
    ken: so she expressed her apology through me. she said she was too anxious at that time and hoped you could forgive her.
    肯︰所以她想通過我來表達歉意。她說當時太著急了,希望你能原諒她。
    niki: ok, i forgive her for the sake that we are best friends.
    妮基︰好吧,看在我們是最好朋友的份上,就原諒她了。
    notes
    1. piss off 使厭煩,使生氣;滾開
    2. cool down 平靜下來;冷卻,變涼
    3. handbag [?h?ndb?g] n.(女用)手提包,手提袋
    4. slam [sl?m] v. 砰地關上(門或窗);n. 猛然關閉的聲音
    5. apologize [??p?l?d?aiz] v. 道歉
    6. apology [??p?l?d?i] n. 道歉;認錯,愧悔
    7. for the sake 為了,為了……起見,看在……的份上
    小貼士
    anger can hurt your relationships with friends and relatives as well as your health. but rage can be reined in if you can do these.
    生氣會傷害你和親朋好友之間的感情,對你的健康也無益。但是如果你能做到這些,你就能克制住發脾氣。
    1. adjust your attitude. don't always think the annoying things.
    改變看法,不要總想那些惹人生氣的事。
    2. laugh away annoyances 一笑置之
    3. breathe deeply 深呼吸
    4. count 1 to 10 從1數到10
    5. postpone your anger 忍耐
    6. be forgiving 學會寬容
    激動人心的時刻
    dialogue
    simon got a bonus from his company for his hardworking. he bought a new car with the bonus.
    西蒙因為努力工作得到了公司發的一筆獎金。他用這筆獎金買了一輛車。
    ann: honey, why do you come back so late today?
    安︰親愛的,今天怎麼回來這麼晚?
    simon: because something unusual has happened today. look at this.
    西蒙︰因為今天發生了不尋常的事情。看看這個。
    ann: it's a key. is there any special?
    安︰是一把鑰匙,有什麼特別的嗎?
    simon: it's the key of the car which belongs to us. i bought a car and drove home.
    西蒙︰這是我們自己的車的鑰匙。我買了一輛車開回來了。
    ann: is it real? where's the car?
    安︰真的?車在哪兒呢?
    simon: just look out of the window. the white one.
    西蒙︰看看窗外,那輛白色的。
    ann: wow, i see a white santana. you are so great! how did you get the money to buy it?
    安︰喔,我看到一輛白色的桑塔納。你真是太棒了!你從哪兒弄的錢買到的?
    simon: i was elected as the annual model worker in the company and got the highest bonus. i knew that we lacked nothing but a car. so i bought it without hesitation.
    西蒙︰我被公司評為年度勞動模範,拿到了最高獎金。我知道咱們什麼都不缺,只缺一輛汽車。所以我毫不猶豫就買下了。
    ann: i can't wait to take a ride outside with the car. let's go to the center mall to buy something, ok?
    安︰我迫不及待要開車出去兜風了。我們去購物中心買東西好嗎?
    simon: no problem, honey. and you have a new mission from today.
    西蒙︰沒問題,親愛的。從今天起你有一個新任務了。
    ann: what is it?
    安︰什麼?
    simon: to get a driving license.
    西蒙︰考駕駛執照。
    notes
    1. unusual [?n?ju:?u?l] adj. 罕有的,異乎尋常的,獨特的;與眾不同的
    2. belong [bi?l??] v. 屬于,是……的成員;應被放在,應歸入;適應,合得來
    3. annual [??nju?l] adj. 年度的,一年一次的;n. 一年生植物;年刊,年報,年鑒
    4. annual model worker 年度勞動模範
    5. bonus [?b?un?s] n. 獎金,紅利;額外令人高興的事情
    6. hesitation [?hezi?tei??n] n. 猶豫,躊躇
    7. take a ride 兜風
    8. driving license 駕駛執照
    小貼士
    表達“激動”的地道短語︰
    1. get a kick out of 感到愉快,使興奮
    he gets a kick out of funny movies.
    看電影讓他覺得很興奮。
    2. make one's spine tingle 使大為激動
    having got the yearning sports car at last makes his spine tingle.
    終于得到渴望的跑車讓他特別激動。
    3. be in a flap 在激動中,慌作一團
    the audiences are still in a flap though his speech has ended for an hour.
    盡管他的演講已經結束一個小時了,觀眾仍然還很激動。
    4. be going nuts 激動得不得了
    the fans are going nuts. their team just won the game.
    球迷們激動不已,他們的球隊贏了!
    我的心在等待
    dialogue
    david's company is going to organize a visit to the disneyland in hong kong.
    戴維的公司要組織一次到香港迪士尼樂園的游玩。
    david: the stuff in my office will pay a visit to the disneyland in hong kong. i can't be happier.
    戴維︰我們辦公室全體職員要去香港迪士尼樂園游玩。我太興奮了。
    grace: wow, it's a wonderful amusement park. i have been yearning for there for a very long time. when will you set out?
    格雷絲︰喔,那是個很不錯的游樂園。我對那里期待很久了。你們什麼時候出發?
    david: on friday afternoon. the flight will leave on 3 o'clock that day. i can't wait to get there now.
    戴維︰星期五下午3點的飛機。我現在都迫不及待要去了。
    grace: is this your boss's idea?
    格雷絲︰是你老板的想法嗎?
    david: yes, our team has gained a substantial profit successively in the last months, and we all feel exhausted and need to have a good rest. so the boss came up with this great idea.
    戴維︰是的。我們團隊在過去幾個月連續取得了可觀的效益。我們也都很累了,需要好好休息一下。所以老板就想出了這個絕妙的主意。
    grace: excellent, you and your team deserve a good fun for the value you have created.
    格雷絲︰太棒了,你和你的團隊創造了價值,應該好好玩一下。
    david: thanks for your saying. it's good to strike a proper balance between work and rest.
    戴維︰謝謝你這麼說。還是勞逸結合比較好。
    grace: is it admittable to join the travel as your friend? i'm eager to go there, too.
    格雷絲︰可以以你朋友的身份加入旅行嗎?我也很想去那兒。
    david: sorry, it is just an activity held within our team, but taking family members is permitted.
    戴維︰不好意思,這是我們團隊內部舉行的一次活動,但是家屬一同去還是允許的。
    grace: and how about i act as your girlfriend to go there?
    格雷絲︰那我扮成是你女朋友怎麼樣?
    david: come on, you got to be kidding me.i think you will have a chance in the future.
    戴維︰別這樣,你真會開玩笑。我想你以後會有機會的。
    notes
    1. amusement [??mju:zm?nt] adj. 娛樂,樂趣;娛樂活動,文娛活動
    2. yearn [j?:n] v. 渴盼,切盼,向往
    3. substantial [s?b?st?n??l] adj. 堅固的,結實的;大量的,可觀的;重大的,重要的;實質的;基本的,大體上的
    4. successively [s?k?sesivli] adv. 連續地,相繼地
    5. come up with 想出
    6. value [?v?lju] n. 價值,價格;重要性;價值觀;職業道德;v. 估價;重視;尊重
    7. admittable [?d'mit?bl] adj. 允許的;有進入資格的
    8. permit [p??mit] v. 允許,許可;n. 許可,許可證,執照
    小貼士
    1. i'm itching to see my parents. we haven't met for three years.
    我已經迫不及待要見我的父母了,我們已經三年沒見了。
    2. i can't wait to see it.
    我迫不及待要看。
    3. i can hardly wait to see them!
    我迫不及待地想要見到他們。
    4. my heart itches for the travel to beijing already.
    我對這次的北京之旅已經迫不及待了。
    5. the colleagues are champing to start.
    同事們迫不及待地要出發。
    6. my children fell over backwards to get the party ready.
    孩子們迫不及待地為聚會作準備。
    7. hold on a minute. you're jumping the gun.
    再等等。你太心急了。
    用人不疑
    dialogue
    kent and nick are talking about their company's personnel changes.
    肯特和尼克正在討論公司的人事變動情況。
    kent: henry was appointed as the sales manager yesterday.
    肯特︰亨利昨天升職做銷售經理了。
    nick: i've heard about it. it is out of my expectation. he has just been transferred to the sales department for several weeks. but he is the manager now.
    尼克︰我听說了,我真感到意外。他才被調到銷售部門幾個星期,但現在都是經理了。
    kent: his promotion is so quick. he must have a very strong ability on marketing.
    肯特︰他升遷得這麼快,一定在營銷方面有很強的能力。
    nick: there are also demotions in our company. the manager of the financial department was changed two months ago.
    尼克︰我們公司也有降職的情況。財務部門的經理兩個月前被換掉了。
    kent: the personnel system of our company is fair. the more capable you are, the higher position you will have.
    肯特︰我們公司的人事制度相當公平。你的能力越高,職位就越高。
    nick: what's your plan of your promotion,kent?
    尼克︰你有什麼升遷計劃呢,肯特?
    kent: i don't have any plan for the moment. i think what i should do now is to get the work done well within my duty.
    肯特︰我目前還沒有什麼計劃。我想現在應該做的是把職責內的事情做好。
    nick: yes, i agree with you. success comes from hard work.
    尼克︰是的,我同意。成功來自于刻苦工作。
    notes
    1. appoint [??p?int] v. 任命,委派;確定,指定,約定
    2. expectation [?ekspek?tei??n] n. 預料,期望,有信心的指望
    3. transfer [tr?ns?f?:] v. 轉移,遷移;轉讓;n. 轉移,轉讓;換乘,改變路線
    4. promotion [pr??m?u??n] n. 提升,晉級;宣傳,推銷
    5. demotion [di'm?u??n] n. 降級
    6. personnel [?p?:s??nel] n.(總稱)人員,員工,人事部門
    7. personnel system 人事制度
    8. for the moment 目前,暫時
    小貼士
    we often practice a skeptical attitude towards ourselves or others consciously or unconsciously. self-skepticism is the sign of lacking confidence while doubting others is due to the lack of trust in them. we would never imagine the skepticism would lead some astoundingly negative consequences. self-skepticism would discourage our inner confidence and torture us in the shadow of failure, while doubting others would make us feel lack of security and live in the state of danger presumed by ourselves.
    我們常常自覺或者不自覺地懷疑自己、懷疑別人。懷疑自己是缺乏自信的表現,而懷疑別人很多時候是因為缺少信任,殊不知這種懷疑常常會導致我們意想不到的惡果。懷疑自己導致我們內心受挫,總是生活在失敗的陰影里;懷疑別人則讓我們缺乏安全感,總是生活在自己假想的危險中。
    焦慮擔心最不值
    dialogue
    may looks in a bad mood.
    梅看起來情緒不是很好。
    jenny: you look not good today. are you sick?
    珍妮︰今天你看起來不太好。生病了嗎?
    may: no, i'm fine, just feel a little worried.
    梅︰沒有,我很好,只是感覺有點擔心。
    jenny: what do you worry?
    珍妮︰你擔心什麼呢?
    may: the manager always shouted at me when i talked to him. i think he must be very unsatisfied with me.
    梅︰我和經理說話時他總是朝我大吼,我想他一定是對我很不滿。
    jenny: well, take it easy. i even can't count the times that he has yelled at me. sometimes he's just in a bad mood.
    珍妮︰嗯,把心放寬點。我甚至都數不清楚他吼過我多少次了。他有時只是心情不好。
    may: hope he will not fire me.
    梅︰希望他不會炒我魷魚。
    jenny: no, you have done your work very well. he will not dismiss you. you will be accustomed to it if you get familiar with his temperament.
    珍妮︰不會,你工作做得很出色,他不會解雇你的。熟悉他的脾氣以後,你就會習慣的。
    may: oh, i see.
    梅︰哦,我知道了。
    jenny: my suggestion is that the most important thing is to concentrate yourself on your job now, and anything else is secondary.
    珍妮︰我的建議是,現在最重要的是把精力集中在工作上,其他的任何事情都是次要的。
    may: i see, thank you, jenny.
    梅︰我明白了!多謝你,珍妮。
    notes
    1. shout at sb. 朝某人大吼,大聲嚷嚷
    2. count [kaunt] v. 數,點……的數目,計算;把……算入;看作;n. 計數,總數;事項;罪狀
    3. yell [jel] v. 喊叫,嚎叫;大聲說;n. 叫喊,號叫
    4. mood [mu:d] n. 心情,情緒;語氣
    5. be accustomed to 習慣于
    6. temperament [?temp?r?m?nt] n. 性格,性情;氣質
    7. concentrate [?k?ns?ntreit] v. 專心于,注意;集中,聚集
    8. concentrate on 專心于,把思想集中于
    小貼士
    1. i'm insecure about my future.
    我對我的將來有些茫然。
    2. i'm uneasy about the future.
    我為前途擔憂。
    3. there's deep anxiety among graduates about their future jobs.
    大學畢業生對他們將來的工作都很憂慮。
    4. she sounded very agitated on the phone.
    電話中她听起來十分焦慮。
    5. the bride got cold feet just before the wedding and run off.
    就在婚禮開始之前,新娘有些退縮,溜走了。
    6. this makes me very nervous.
    這件事讓我非常焦慮不安。
    灰心失望終有時
    dialogue
    peter meets some difficulties in his work. h feels a little disappointed.
    彼得在工作中遇到了一些困難,他有些灰心。
    peter: today is july 25th, almost the end of this month. i haven't received any order till now. it's not a good end.
    彼得︰今天是7月25號,快到月末了。我到現在還沒接到任何訂單。這樣的結果可不妙。
    jack: don't worry. maybe you can receive one in the next minute.
    杰克︰別擔心。說不定下一分鐘你就能接到一個。
    peter: the pressure is too much for me. i have been eager to find a client for the whole month.
    彼得︰我的壓力太大了。一整月了,我都渴望能找到一個客戶。
    jack: just relax, man. i have the same feeling with you every month. we all have tried our best for it. but sometimes it needs opportunity.
    杰克︰放輕松點,伙計。我每個月都有和你一樣的感覺。我們都很努力了,但有時候是需要機遇的。
    peter: what about your achievement? do you have any orders?
    彼得︰你的業績怎麼樣?有訂單嗎?
    jack: i had a deal of 0.5 million yuan last week with an australian client.
    杰克︰我上一周和一個澳大利亞的客戶談成了一筆50萬的訂單。
    peter: you are great. i think you are good at this job.
    彼得︰你真棒。我想你很擅長這份工作。
    jack: i just received this order by chance on the internet. so just be confident, with your effort, sooner or later you'll have your orders.
    杰克︰我只是在網上偶然接到這筆訂單的。所以自信一點,只要努力,或早或晚你都會有訂單的。
    peter: yeah, hoping the good fortune will always be on our side.
    彼得︰對,希望好運會一直陪伴我們。
    notes
    1. order [??:d?] n. 次序,順序;整齊,有條理;治安,秩序;命令,囑咐;訂購,訂貨,訂單;匯票;v. 命令,囑咐;訂購,定制;整理,布置
    2. client [?klai?nt] n. 委托人;顧客,常客
    3. opportunity [??p??tju:niti] n. 機會,時機
    4. achievement [??t?i:vm?nt] n. 成就,成績,功績;達到,完成
    5. fortune [?f?:t??n] n. 機會,運氣,轉機;前途,命運;事情,轉變;龐大的財富,財產
    小貼士
    1. i didn't get a promotion. what a disappointment!
    我沒有得到提升,真讓人失望!
    2. what a let down!
    這真令人掃興。
    也可以這樣說︰
    this is disappointing.
    3. you disappointed me.
    你真讓我失望。
    也可以這樣說︰
    you let me down.
    4. keep your chin up!
    振作點!
    也可以這樣說︰
    cheer up!
    pluck up your spirits!
    5. the result of the interview is frustrating to me.
    面試的結果令我灰心透了。
    6. you should not lose your hope. it's only a mistaken decision. try to lick your wonders.
    你不應該灰心,那只是一次決策失誤。試試重整旗鼓,努力東山再起。
    如何排解厭惡之情
    dialogue
    tim is much tired of his job now.
    提姆現在特別厭倦自己的工作。
    tim: i can't bear this boring job. every day i do the same thing, just like a robot.
    提姆︰我忍受不了這種枯燥的工作了。每天我都像一個機器人一樣做著同樣的工作。
    mike: i think it requires only the specialists like you to do this kind of professional job. many people are admiring your job.
    邁克︰我覺得這種專業的工作只能由你這樣的專家來做。很多人都羨慕你的工作。
    tim: but i like the life with joy and passion.i feel that i will become a fool if things go on like this every day.
    提姆︰但是我喜歡有趣和充滿激情的生活。如果每天這樣下去,我感覺自己會變成一個傻子。
    mike: why not widen your life after work?
    邁克︰為什麼不在下班後拓展你的生活呢?
    tim: i don't know what i should do after work. do you have any suggestions, mike?
    提姆︰我不知道下班後該做什麼。你能給一些建議嗎,邁克?
    mike: you can go to the fitness club, to do exercise there to keep healthy. and also you can play ball games there like billiards and ping-pong.
    邁克︰你可以去健身俱樂部,通過鍛煉來保持健康。你也可以在那里玩球類游戲,像台球、乒乓球等。
    tim: sounds like a good idea. it's really a healthy choice.
    提姆︰听起來是個不錯的主意,確實是個健康的選擇。
    mike: yeah, it's better than just having fun in the bar.
    邁克︰是啊,比只在酒吧里玩樂要好。
    tim: shall we go there together after work today?
    提姆︰我們今天下班後一起去好嗎?
    mike: sure, i have a member card in the fitness club near our company.
    邁克︰當然,我有公司附近一家健身俱樂部的會員卡。
    notes
    1. boring [?b?:ri?] adj. 無趣的,單調的,乏味的
    2. specialist [?spe??list] n. 專家,行家;專科醫生
    3. professional [pr??fe??n?l] adj. 職業的,專業的,內行的;有意的,故意的;n. 具有某專業資格的人,專業人士,專家,職業選手
    4. admire [?d?mai?] v. 贊賞,欽佩,稱贊,夸獎
    5. billiards [?bilj?dz] n. 台球
    小貼士
    辦公室里哪些人最不受歡迎?
    1. gossipers were the number one pet peeve.
    喜歡說閑言碎語的人是最討人厭的。
    2. the broken clock
    慢條斯理者
    they're routinely late for everything, including work.
    他們做什麼都往後拖,包括工作。
    3. coworkers who mess up communal spaces.
    弄髒辦公場所的人。
    4. coworkers who crack loud jokes, chew gum or clank spoons in coffee cups and so on.
    那些大聲說笑話、嚼口香糖或者用力地攪拌咖啡杯之類的人。
    5. brown-nose
    喜歡拍馬屁的人
    驕傲使人落後
    dialogue
    susan's colleague got the same bonus with her. she shows some dissatisfaction with that.
    甦珊的同事得到的獎金和她的一樣多,她有些不滿。
    susan: ann's bonus is almost the same with mine. i have been working here for 2 years, while she's just a green hand here. it's not fair to me.
    甦珊︰安的獎金幾乎和我的一樣多。我在這兒工作有兩年了,而她只是個新手。這對我來說不公平。
    alisa: in fact, she has no less experience than you on this job.
    艾麗莎︰實際上,她對這份工作的經驗並不比你少。
    susan: really? i can see no sign of cleverness from her.
    甦珊︰真的嗎?我並沒有看出她有多聰明。
    alisa: you shouldn't judge a person by his appearance. the most important thing is the value one can create.
    艾麗莎︰人不可貌相。最重要的是一個人能創造價值。
    susan: well, it seems that my creation is much more than her.
    甦珊︰那我創造的東西好像比她要多出很多。
    alisa: last month she put forward two suggestions of improvement to our manager. and the profit of our company has increased 5% than the usual time after utilizing her suggestions.
    艾麗莎︰上一個月她向咱們經理提了兩條改進建議。采納她的建議後,我們公司的效益比平常增長了5個百分點。
    susan: really? i have never heard of it.
    甦珊︰真的嗎?我從沒听說啊。
    alisa: the company needs the hardworking persons like you, but it also lacks for the joining of innovative persons. i think you two should help each other and learn from each other in the working.
    艾麗莎︰公司需要你這樣刻苦能干的人,但是也很需要創新型員工的加入。我想你們在以後的工作中應該互相幫助,互相學習。
    susan: ok, thanks for your advice.
    甦珊︰好的,多謝你的建議。
    notes
    1. no less than不少于,不亞于
    2. creation[kri?ei??n] n. 創造,創建,創造物;作品;產物;宇宙,天地萬物
    3. put forward提出,提議
    4. utilize[?ju:tilaiz] v. 利用,使用,運用
    5. innovative[?in?uveitiv] adj. 新發明的,新引進的,革新的;有改革精神的,樂于引進新觀念的
    6. innovative person創新型人才
    小貼士
    1. that guy is always wise about his own conceit.
    那個家伙總是自認為聰明。
    2. he's an arrogant little twit!
    他是個自高自大的傻瓜!
    3. pride goes before, and shame comes after.
    驕傲使人落後,虛心使人進步。
    4. he is bloated with pride.
    他驕傲自大。
    也可以這樣說︰
    pride swells his heart.
    he is big with pride.
    5. he that is proud eats up himself.
    驕傲的人常沉迷于自我。
    6. i have been pride of you.
    我一直為你驕傲。
    7. he is too proud to take notice of others in our company.
    他在公司里很高傲,不理睬別人。
    8. it's arrogant of you to say you can finish the plan on time without any hands.
    你自以為能獨自按時完成這份企劃案,未免太自大了。


新書推薦: 碧琉璃(FUTA,ABO) 癮私(扶她gl) 網黃女主播(np全處,人外高h) 吞咽【1v1產奶】 迷宮(1v1校園) 冰薄荷【雙胞胎兄妹真骨】 公子悅我 軟繭(強制1v1) 瑪麗甦文完結死遁後又回來了 甜荔(校園1v1 破鏡重圓)